Tusker drown Bandari and AFC Leopards draw again
Resurgent Tusker continued with their excellent show under coach Robert Matano beating Bandari 2-0 in a Kenyan Premier League (KPL) match at Mbaraki Sports Club in Mombasa County yesterday.
In Kisumu, AFC Leopards winless run continued as they played out a barren draw against Chemelil Sugar.
In Mombasa, Brian Osumba scored a brace to ensure the bottlers picked the much needed points as they continue moving up the table after a poor start to the season that saw Ugandan coach Sam Timbe sacked. However, Tusker were reduced to 10 after Erick Ambinya saw red for a second bookable offence.
After a scoreless draw in the first half, Osumba converted a pass from Michael Khamati in the 62nd minute for the opener.
Osumba hammered the final nail on Bandari’s coffin with an 88th minute strike.
Coach Matano was elated after the win. “I am looking forward to improving Tusker’s performance and today’s win was a morale boost," he said.
At Moi Stadium in Kisumu, AFC Leopards extended their winless streak in the KPL to seven games after they were held to a barren draw by Chemelil Sugar.
This was Leopards’ third draw in a row and fifth stalemate since losing 4-2 to Tusker on April 2 in Kericho.
In Bungoma, Ulinzi stretched their unbeaten streak to five matches with a 2-0 victory over hosts Nzoia Sugar at Sudi Stadium. Second half goals from John Kago and Elvis Nandwa is all that the soldiers needed for the victory. [Ernest Ndunda and Rodgers Eshitemi]
- Why Chelsea will be forced to make tough changes in the Europa LeaguePremier League 1 hour ago
- Alexis Sanchez dubbed 'Manchester United's worst signing in years'Premier League 5 hours ago
- Police target double victories: Defending champions long to narrow 12-point gap with league leaders Butali Sugar WarriorsHockey 1 day ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Man United and Arsenal fight over German wonderkid dubbed the ‘new Kroos’Football 3 hours ago
- Kenyan female athlete threatens to expose senior athletics federation officialAthletics 3 hours ago
- BOXING: Joshua KOs Povetkin in seventh round to retain world heavyweight titlesBoxing 4 hours ago
- Sofapaka renew rivalry with Ingwe at KasaraniFootball 15 hours ago