Blues striker stretchered off the pitch one month to the World Cup
On-loan Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi has suffered an injury setback after the striker was stretchered off the pitch in what is suspected to be a fractured ankle.
Batshuayi is playing on loan at Borussia Dortmund where he has lit up the Signal Iduna Park, netting seven times in 9 appearances.
According to the Mirror, the Belgian forward picked up an injury in 2-0 loss to Schalk 04 after opponent midfielder Benjamin Stambouli tackled him. Batshuayi was driven off the pitch as his side failed to get a point in the match.
Borussia Dortmund coach has however alleviated any fears over the plight of 24-year old adding that they are waiting for the medical team to communicate the details of the injury.
"We hope that it is not so bad, but we have to wait for the exact investigation," he said, as revealed by the Mirror.
Yevhen Konoplyanka and Naldo netted the two goals to lift the Schalk 04 team which looks poised for a second-place finish.
Batshuayi was shipped to Borussia Dortmund in the January transfer window after being considered surplus at Stamford Bridge by Coach Antonio Conte.
Details have not emerged about his injury but one thing that remains certain is that it has subjected his appearance at the World Cup at risk.
- Morata ends Chelsea nightmare – agrees Atletico Madrid transferPremier League 6 hours ago
- See tattoos Aubameyang got to celebrate win over Chelsea [Photos]Football 7 hours ago
- Why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sits in different dugout seat to Jose MourinhoFootball 5 days ago
- Suarez’s girlfriend drops hint star is signing for ArsenalGossip & Rumours 4 days ago
- Serena Williams inches closer to 24th Grand Slam titleTennis 3 hours ago
- Jose Mourinho sends harsh message to Manchester United players Football 2 days ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to appear in Spanish courtFootball 22 hours ago