Kenyan boxer Brian Agina reported missing after Commonwealth Games in Australia
Kenyan boxer Brian Agina has been reported missing after the curtain fell on the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games in Australia, sources have revealed.
Agina lost to Pakistan’s Syed Muhammad Asif in the round of 16, where he was representing Kenya in the boxing games. The Ministry of Sports is yet to give a statement on the missing pugilist as the search continues.
Reports indicate that Australian police are on the case and are pursuing the matter to establish his whereabouts.
This comes after 13 athletes drawn from various countries such as Cameroon, Rwanda and Uganda were reported missing from their villages last week.
Australian authorities thereafter sent a warning for the athletes to honour the terms of their visas.
More to follow.
- Ujuzisoka land in SpainFootball 4 hours ago
- Gor march closer to league winFootball 4 hours ago
- Kiambu County dethrone Nakuru in basketballBasketball 4 hours ago
- Linda Jesang Kangogo wins DT Dobie Eldoret tournamentGolf 3 days ago
- Anthony Joshua in heated confrontation with Miller during Povetkin face-off eventBoxing 4 weeks ago
- Hail Kenya’s shooting stars: Local sharpshooters post superb display in South AfricaSports 4 hours ago
- Netball: Kenya lose to hosts Zambia in continental openerVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago