Kenyan boxer Brian Agina reported missing after Commonwealth Games in Australia
Kenyan boxer Brian Agina has been reported missing after the curtain fell on the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games in Australia, sources have revealed.
Agina lost to Pakistan’s Syed Muhammad Asif in the round of 16, where he was representing Kenya in the boxing games. The Ministry of Sports is yet to give a statement on the missing pugilist as the search continues.
Reports indicate that Australian police are on the case and are pursuing the matter to establish his whereabouts.
This comes after 13 athletes drawn from various countries such as Cameroon, Rwanda and Uganda were reported missing from their villages last week.
Australian authorities thereafter sent a warning for the athletes to honour the terms of their visas.
More to follow.
- Bolt rejects soccer deal offer from top European clubFootball 3 days ago
- Barcelona star lined up by Arsenal for shock January loanFootball 10 hours ago
- How Kalonzo Musyoka can make Ukambani soccer great againFootball 2 days ago
- Arsenal FC names Kenya’s Hamisi Mohamed winner of ‘Future Stars’ youth coaching programmeFootball 1 week ago
- Sh 32 million sports academy lying underutilized in Taita-Taveta CountySports 2 months ago
- Fans’ packages for historic Everton-Gor Mahia match unveiledFootball 4 days ago
- Rashford, Martial start for Man United as Morata leads the line for ChelseaPremier League 1 day ago