Kericho and Tambach off to fine start
Kericho TTC beat Madonna 3-0 in men’s volleyball to boost their chances of qualifying for the semifinals as the Rift Valley Teachers Training Colleges Games entered the second day at Moi TTC, Baringo, in Kabarnet yesterday.
However, Kericho lost three straight sets (9-25, 19-25, and 17-25) to hosts Moi TTC Baringo in women’s volleyball as the race for the last four started to take shape in the four venues that attracted 1,200 competitors from six institutions.
In the round robin matches, Tambach narrowly edged Kericho 7-6 in men’s handball. Tambach resumed their quest to win the basketball title as they secured a 20-16 victory over Chester.
Tambach won the first two quarters 7-2 but lost the third one 1-8 and later won the final one 4-2. Silas Wafula scored 10 points for the victors to emerge the top scorer of the match.
In women’s basketball, hosts, Moi TTC turned the tables on Tambach with a 42-11 win a lope-sided match, with Lyn Imbuga managing 14 points to emerge the top scorer for the winners.
In volleyball, Tambach won their first women’s match after outclassing Madonna with three straight sets before their men’s team also dismissed Chesta with a similar margin. Tambach beat Madonna 47-5 in men’s netball.
- Martial free to leave Manchester United but with these conditionsFootball 5 hours ago
- Revealed! Where Hazard wants to play next season Football 16 hours ago
- Barcelona player linked with shock move to ArsenalFootball 20 hours ago
- Reports: Less than a year after joining Blues from Arsenal, Giroud heading out of club ahead of transferFootball 19 hours ago
- Barcelona frustrate Manchester United’s plan to sign Chelsea superstarFootball 20 hours ago
- Mesut Ozil retires from international footballFootball 18 hours ago
- Former FKF boss Sam Nyamweya mourns Mama OliechFootball 16 hours ago