Schools: Kakamega retain rugby title
Defending champions and hosts Kakamega High School won the rugby 15s title as the county Secondary Schools Term One Games ended at the weekend.
The last year's winners defeated rivals St. Peter’s Mumias 8-3 in a hotly contested final. The hosts confirmed their superiority in a repeat of last year’s final, where Kakamega won 3-0.
Kakamega, who are also the national champions, took the lead through Timothy Omela, who touched down for an unconverted try in the 16th minute.
Emmanuel Mule scored a penalty for St. Peter’s in the 20th minute. [Philip Orwa]
- Mourinho FINALLY reveals why they were beaten by Liverpool Football 5 hours ago
- Muhammad Ali’s son: I expected to inherit Sh516m after my father’s death, now I’m surviving on less than Sh700 a dayBoxing 1 day ago
- Football: How Kenyans left others hurting in Copa tournamentFootball 17 hours ago
- LaLiga star suffers stroke, rushed to hospitalFootball 1 month ago
- View Starting Lineups - Liverpool vs Man Utd at 7pmFootball 23 hours ago
- Liverpool are the 'lucky ones' moans MourinhoFootball 1 day ago
- Polo: Lachlan win Ndume title in Gilgil tiesSports 17 hours ago