Schools: Kakamega retain rugby title
Defending champions and hosts Kakamega High School won the rugby 15s title as the county Secondary Schools Term One Games ended at the weekend.
The last year's winners defeated rivals St. Peter’s Mumias 8-3 in a hotly contested final. The hosts confirmed their superiority in a repeat of last year’s final, where Kakamega won 3-0.
Kakamega, who are also the national champions, took the lead through Timothy Omela, who touched down for an unconverted try in the 16th minute.
Emmanuel Mule scored a penalty for St. Peter’s in the 20th minute. [Philip Orwa]
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 16 hours ago
- Handball: KHF to organize referees’ courseVolleyball and Handball 2 months ago
- Kwale dominate school gamesSports 7 hours ago
- Snook wary of Morocco threatRugby 7 hours ago
- Former Arsenal star set to run for president of Nigeria in 2019Gossip & Rumours 2 months ago
- What Pique did after Real Madrid refused Barcelona a guard of honourFootball 1 month ago
- Football: Standard, KTN in tough poolsFootball 1 week ago