Cherop eyes a double at showpiece
Reigning African Cross country junior champion Miriam Cherop is keen to strike a double at the fifth Africa Cross Country Championships in Chlef, Algeria, on March 17.
Speaking before leaving Bomet to St Marks Teachers Training College in Kigari in Embu County, Cherop vowed to shrug off opposition.
“I feel stronger than ever before. My target is not only to retain the title but also to improve my personal best time in the track,” she said
Cherop, a Form Three Student at Aisaik Secondary school in Bomet Central, said she expects little challenge from perennial northern rivals Ethiopians in the March 17 duel.
“I will work hard this time round to stop any challenge from my team mates and other athletes like the Ethiopians who are also keen to grab the title from me,” said Cherop.
She was picked to the team after beating a strong field during the national cross country championship trials at Uhuru Gardens.
- Arsenal’s Mustafi could be fined for making ‘political gesture’ while celebrating goalPremier League 2 weeks ago
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 1 day ago
- Kabaddi: Kasarani set to host African QualifiersSports 44 minutes ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 40 minutes ago
- Motorsport: Weekend Hill Climb competition postponed due to unforeseen reasonsSports 56 minutes ago
- WWE legend is deadSports 1 month ago
- Two football fields on top of a church building in NairobiFootball 1 day ago