Cherop eyes a double at showpiece
Reigning African Cross country junior champion Miriam Cherop is keen to strike a double at the fifth Africa Cross Country Championships in Chlef, Algeria, on March 17.
Speaking before leaving Bomet to St Marks Teachers Training College in Kigari in Embu County, Cherop vowed to shrug off opposition.
“I feel stronger than ever before. My target is not only to retain the title but also to improve my personal best time in the track,” she said
Cherop, a Form Three Student at Aisaik Secondary school in Bomet Central, said she expects little challenge from perennial northern rivals Ethiopians in the March 17 duel.
“I will work hard this time round to stop any challenge from my team mates and other athletes like the Ethiopians who are also keen to grab the title from me,” said Cherop.
She was picked to the team after beating a strong field during the national cross country championship trials at Uhuru Gardens.
- Beautiful but sad story by Lukaku ahead of Tunisia clash in the World CupWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- De Gea's incredible contract details revealed after he agrees new five-year dealGossip & Rumours 2 hours ago
- South Africa-based Nduva wins Kenya Amateur Match play ChampionshipGolf 1 day ago
- Argentina hope arrival of Messi's wife Roccuzzo can stop him blaming himself for penalty missWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- Man United fans want Mourinho to land top target after stellar World Cup displayWorld Cup 2018 8 hours ago
- England beat Tunisia 2-1 in World Cup group gameWorld Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Football: Gogo Boys lift Ramadhan title in styleFootball 18 hours ago