Cherop eyes a double at showpiece
Reigning African Cross country junior champion Miriam Cherop is keen to strike a double at the fifth Africa Cross Country Championships in Chlef, Algeria, on March 17.
Speaking before leaving Bomet to St Marks Teachers Training College in Kigari in Embu County, Cherop vowed to shrug off opposition.
“I feel stronger than ever before. My target is not only to retain the title but also to improve my personal best time in the track,” she said
Cherop, a Form Three Student at Aisaik Secondary school in Bomet Central, said she expects little challenge from perennial northern rivals Ethiopians in the March 17 duel.
“I will work hard this time round to stop any challenge from my team mates and other athletes like the Ethiopians who are also keen to grab the title from me,” said Cherop.
She was picked to the team after beating a strong field during the national cross country championship trials at Uhuru Gardens.
- Arsenal squad vs Leicester City revealed as Emery makes changesFootball 1 month ago
- Footballer killed by lightning during goal celebration Football 1 day ago
- Kisumu All Stars eye first win at Moi StadiumFootball 15 hours ago
- New rules will help tame errant golfersGolf 6 days ago
- Uhuru sends powerful message to Harambee Stars after qualifying for AFCONFootball 1 week ago
- Zakayo’s big plans ahead of World CrossAthletics 14 hours ago
- Yaya Touré’s contract terminated, quits Olympiakos after only three months Football 1 day ago