Arsenal star Lacazette out for six weeks
Arsenal will be without Alexandre Lacazette for their Europa League campaign due to injury.
Lacazette now faces a period of four to six weeks on the sidelines after undergoing surgery on his left knee in London on Tuesday morning.
Lacazette’s injury leaves Welbeck as Gunners’ only available senior striker in the Europa League campaign since Aubameyang is ineligible to play Europa League football for Arsenal because he was registered in Ex club Borussia Dortmund's squad for the knockout stages.
Arsenal said: "The minor procedure was a success and he will now undergo a period of rehabilitation.
"It is envisaged that he will return to the squad within four to six weeks."
- Kimanzi: Emerging Stars coach says his side can make Olympic historyFootball 9 hours ago
- Kenya Simbas ready to roar againRugby 9 hours ago
- Key lessons from visit of EPL legend and businessman Robbie Fowler for Kenya’s sports organisationsFootball 9 hours ago
- Rugby: Okwemba positive ahead of second Championship match against MMUSTRugby 9 hours ago
- Golf: Ndung’u wins inaugural LSK tournament in Nakuru Golf 2 days ago
- Tottenham 0-1 Man City: Mahrez dedicates goal to fallen Leicester chairman Premier League 3 weeks ago
- Weekend clubs round up: Rookie Ondeng’a leaves veterans stunned Golf 2 days ago