Ronaldo seeks Manchester United return, cites ‘betrayal’ at Real Madrid
After having bagged his fifth Balon dÓr decorating what can be termed as a colourful and rare career path, Cristiano Ronaldo was reportedly promised huge pay by Real Madrid President Fiorentino Perez, something which has not materialized.
The UK-based media outlet, Express UK now reveals that former Manchester United star is feeling betrayed and is already planning a move back to Old Trafford.
Ronaldo is under contract with Real Madrid up to 2021, but he is said to be willing to terminate the contract should the English giants come calling.
Despite suffering a tragic dip in form that has seen him score just handful of goals in the current campaign, Spanish media reveals that the 32 year old wants Perez to honour the agreement. He is determined to maintain his pay up there with Lionel Messi.
On the flipside, Los Blancos is said to be eyeing new signings to get them out of the current mess. They have already earmarked PSG duo in Neymar and Kylian Mbappe as the signings to salvage their petering performance that has left them battling for top four qualification.
However, it remains rather unclear as to whether Manchester United will be willing to take Ronaldo back on a record breaking fee and huge pay, owing to his old age and declining performance.
The Portuguese forward also fell out with his compatriot Jose Mourinho when the former Chelsea coach spent two seasons in Real Madrid. It can only be left for a guess if they could work together again.
- Kenya ready to face Africa’s best, says KimanziFootball 19 hours ago
- Kenya loses appeal to play in women's Cup of NationsFootball 2 hours ago
- How Kisumu County failed to take advantage of Ronaldinho visitFootball 12 hours ago
- Omar Kasongo: Boxing whizz kid whose dreams were floored by a computerBoxing 12 hours ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 2 days ago
- Thunder strike Equity BankBasketball 1 day ago
- The good and of Golf 2018Golf 3 days ago