The winner of $450m Mega Millions jackpot identified as 20-year-old man
The man who won $450 million Mega Millions jackpot has been identified as 20-year-old Shane Missler from Florida.
Missler came forward on Friday to claim the lone winning ticket in the second largest jackpot won by a single ticket, according to the Florida Lottery.
Missler "A believer in the power of a positive mindset, Shane wasn’t really surprised that he had won," the Florida Lottery said. "He said he just had 'a feeling' that he might."
Moments after the announcement, Missler's Facebook page was quickly flooded with congratulations messages.
Shane, who will take a lump sum payout of $281.2 million, purchased the winning ticket at a 7-Eleven store on Ridge Road in Pasco County.
When asked what he plans to do with the jackpot, Shane said, “I’m only 20, but I hope to use it to pursue a variety of passions, help my family and do some good for humanity," he said in a statement.
- Golf: Kenya launches Safari Tour series in preparation for the Kenya Open ChampionshipGolf 21 hours ago
- 4 players Emery could be about to cut from Arsenal squadPremier League 2 hours ago
- WWE’S RICHEST: Find out how much your favorite wrestler earnsSports 10 hours ago
- Former Arsenal and Liverpool star reveals he was DRUNK when he scored a hat-trickFootball 10 hours ago
- CONFIRMED! AC Milan sign Chelsea starPremier League 1 day ago
- Update on retired striker Ronaldo’s recovery, days after he was admitted to ICUFootball 1 day ago
- Zinedine Zidane wants to be Man United coach immediately season ends – It’s the gossip Football 8 hours ago