N'Golo Kante crashes £20,000 Mini on way to Chelsea's goalless draw with Arsenal in Carabao Cup
Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante crashed his £20,000 Mini on his way to play in the Blues' goalless draw with Arsenal in the Carabao Cup.
The 26-year-old had a collision with a lorry in his beloved second-hand Mini Cooper before starting the match at Stamford Bridge.
He was filmed exchanging details with the other driver by a fan who told The Sun: "His wing mirror was smashed and his front wheel arch was all dented.
"He must have been pretty annoyed but he was more than happy for fans to take selfies with him."
Kante has kept his modest car despite earning £110,000-a-week at Chelsea.
He moved to west London having helped Leicester win the title in 2015-16 and won a second Premier League crown the following season under Antonio Conte.
On his motor, Kante said last year: “I’ve never been someone who loves a car and when I was young I didn’t have the ambition of a car or something like that.
"I got it in Leicester. And I still have it now. But it’s good.”
Kante's bump meant he missed the team bus taking Chelsea to the Bridge from a nearby hotel. Instead, he drove to the stadium.
The match finished 0-0 meaning the tie is finely poised heading into the second leg of the semi-final at the Emirates.
- Financial Abuse: UEFA warns clubs after Man City’s dirty linen leaksFootball 1 month ago
- Tracing the greatness of champion Geoffrey KamwororAthletics 1 month ago
- Why Harambee Stars require Sh200m to prepare for AfconFootball 1 week ago
- Hosts Kakamega Homeboyz beat AFC Leapards at Bkhungu StadiumFootball 3 hours ago
- I earn an indecent amount of money at PSG – Kylian MbappeFootball 1 month ago
- Basketball: KPA bag slim win in Zone Five tourneyBasketball 2 months ago
- Croatia court drops false testimony charges against ModricFootball 1 week ago