N'Golo Kante crashes £20,000 Mini on way to Chelsea's goalless draw with Arsenal in Carabao Cup
Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante crashed his £20,000 Mini on his way to play in the Blues' goalless draw with Arsenal in the Carabao Cup.
The 26-year-old had a collision with a lorry in his beloved second-hand Mini Cooper before starting the match at Stamford Bridge.
He was filmed exchanging details with the other driver by a fan who told The Sun: "His wing mirror was smashed and his front wheel arch was all dented.
"He must have been pretty annoyed but he was more than happy for fans to take selfies with him."
Kante has kept his modest car despite earning £110,000-a-week at Chelsea.
He moved to west London having helped Leicester win the title in 2015-16 and won a second Premier League crown the following season under Antonio Conte.
On his motor, Kante said last year: “I’ve never been someone who loves a car and when I was young I didn’t have the ambition of a car or something like that.
"I got it in Leicester. And I still have it now. But it’s good.”
Kante's bump meant he missed the team bus taking Chelsea to the Bridge from a nearby hotel. Instead, he drove to the stadium.
The match finished 0-0 meaning the tie is finely poised heading into the second leg of the semi-final at the Emirates.
- Scorpions sting Vikings: KCAU hold Wazalendo to a 2-2 drawHockey 1 day ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 5 days ago
- Gor Mahia clinch KPL title with six matches left after 2-0 win over AFC LeopardsFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea boss Sarri gives statement on Hazard and Courtois futuresGossip & Rumours 2 months ago
- Did you know Kofi Annan played football as an attacking winger? [Photos]Football 1 week ago