Liverpool in talks to offload Kenyan-born striker Origi to German club
English Premier League side Liverpool have entered negotiations to offload the Kenyan-born striker Divock Origi to Bundesliga club Wolfsburg, Spanish media has revealed.
Origi was loaned to the German club in August after failing to nail a first team slot at Anfield. With Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino being on the glittering form; the Reds are reported to be considering the sale of the Belgian international.
His contract will expire in 2019, thus the urge of Jurgen Klopp to cash in on the player before that time comes. Wolfsburg have been reported to be interested in signing the player, who is said to have made his mind on making permanent switch to Bundesliga.
Origi has scored 4 goals out of 15 appearances for the club. After Mario Gomez made a switch back Stuttgart, Wolfsburg are relying on the forward to lead the line of attack. The club currently sits 12th on the table and will be desperate for impressive performances to avoid relegation battles.
- Kenyan Premier League: Agwanda is league’s best player for July Football 9 hours ago
- [PHOTOS] Usain Bolt trains for 1st time with new soccer teamFootball 21 hours ago
- Sh 32 million sports academy lying underutilized in Taita-Taveta CountySports 9 hours ago
- No time to smile for Gor: Sofapaka lie in wait for K’Ogalo in Narok today after loss to Rayon SportsFootball 9 hours ago
- Golf: Ooko leads 20 golfers in Safari TourGolf 1 day ago
- Mourinho reveals why Sanchez missed United's embarrassing 3-2 defeat to BrightonFootball 1 day ago
- Youth Talent: Ujuzisoka conclude tour of Spain with mixed resultsFootball 9 hours ago