Wenger to make second bid for Leicester City star as replacement for Alexis Sanchez
English Premier League side Arsenal are planning a second bid for Leicester City star Riyad Mahrez in the January winter window, as a replacement for Alexis Sanchez who has been linked with exit.
According to UK-based media outlet, Daily Mail, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been a long-term admirer of the Algerian winger, who he considers to be up to the task to fill the void of the Chilean.
Wenger tried to sign Mahrez in the previous summer window but an agreement between the two clubs fell flat. The former champions priced the 26-year old at £45m, which Arsenal was unwilling to meet.
The Gunners are rumoured to have made a bid within the region of £25m, and were unwilling to up the figure to get the former English premier league player of the year.
However, as Wenger plans new bid for the forward, the amount that they will be willing to spend still remains secret. Arsenal hitman Alexis Sanchez has been linked with exits. The decline in his performances and reports of decline in training ground activity have cited as the indicators showing that the former Barcelona man maybe wanting out.
Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, PSG and Bayern Munich have all been touted as possible recruiters of Sanchez.
Arsene Wenger will be coming to the touchline to preside over Gunners in the 810th game in his premier league career, a record that was initially held only by former Man United manager Alex Ferguson.
- Mourinho reveals why Sanchez missed United's embarrassing 3-2 defeat to BrightonFootball 13 hours ago
- Friends and family used me for cash! Jackpot winner regrets not saving after blowing millions Sports 15 hours ago
- Fatigue sets in at Gor Mahia: No time to rest for Gor Mahia as Sofapaka, AFC come callingFootball 9 hours ago
- East Africa Secondary Schools: St Anthony’s and Trans Nzoia crowned hocky champsHockey 1 day ago
- Water Services games: Wasco games start in NyeriSports 9 hours ago
- Youth talent: Spanish coach praise Ujuzisoka youngstersFootball 9 hours ago
- Golf: Kenya Open new series starts with a bang in MombasaGolf 1 day ago