Manchester City at the brink of breaking a record only held by Liverpool in history
Every Premier League side - apart from Manchester City, obviously - would like to see Manchester City stopped in their tracks.
Pep Guardiola's rampant side are running away with the title, and are currently a staggering 13 points ahead of second-placed Manchester United.
At this rate they'll have their season wrapped up by March, meaning they can focus all their attentions on the Champions League.
The Red Devils would like to see the Citizens suffer a set-back more than most, as not only are But for the next two game weeks it is actually Liverpool who will be hoping they don't storm to victories against Newcastle and Crystal Palace.
Back in 1982, the Merseyside giants scored 106 goals in the calendar year - a record that still stands to this very day.
Manchester City became the first top-flight team to score 100 goals in a calendar year since this date, 35 years ago, when Sergio Aguero netted his side's third in their 4-0 win over Bournemouth on Saturday.
Danilo then made it 101 for 2017 five minutes before the end, meaning City now have two more fixtures this year - against the Magpies and the Eagles - in which to net six goals and beat this record.
It's very doable, given the attacking ability at Guardiola's disposal, and an enviable record Liverpool will be very keen to keep hold of.
- Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech reveals why Wenger was not concerned about winning Football 18 hours ago
- Sports ministry under fire: Officials cry foul over poor working relations with parent ministrySports 11 hours ago
- ‘You will NEVER be captain again’ – Mourinho tells Pogba in training ground bust-upPremier League 2 hours ago
- Hockey: Debutants Lakers inch closer to women’s top tierHockey 1 day ago
- Shakava: Gor should start early Caf preparations Football 11 hours ago
- Manchester United name Paul Pogba price as beef with Mourinho escalatesPremier League 1 hour ago
- Ochieng shows how it’s done: Custodian trainer mentors budding talent in KayoleFootball 11 hours ago