Mayweather makes U-turn and rules out return to the ring
American boxing icon Floyd Mayweather has broken silence to dispute any possibility of him going back to the ring to fight or participating in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Mayweather was responding to statements initially made by UFC chief Diana White that there was a deal underway that would bring back the decorated boxer back to the ring.
The pugilist also responded to a statement by American comedian and podcast host Joe Rogan that he was planning a move to the Mixed Martial Arts.
Mayweather took a dig at the duo as he stated that the two may have misconstrued his sentence. A report by the Spanish media reveals that the boxer stated that he never said that he was planning to make a comeback, and that he was speaking about what he could have done.
"I never said I was going to fight in the UFC…I didn't say that. I said if I wanted to, and what I could do. Would and could do is different things. I'm not going to do it though." He said while talking to youtube sports channel known as FightHype.
However, he clarified his statement by sensationally claiming that if he wanted to make a billion dollars, it would take him three or four fights and a final fight with Conor McGregor to get the money. Mayweather announced retirement after his fight with McGregor back in August. He remains undefeated in his games and fans have been itching for more of his appearances.
- Saudi Arabia's official team plane catches fire in mid airWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Salah disappoints as Egypt crushed by RussiaFootball 3 hours ago
- Spain face date with destiny against Iran todayWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- Argentina hope arrival of Messi's wife Roccuzzo can stop him blaming himself for penalty missWorld Cup 2018 11 hours ago
- Gor Mahia thrash Thika to dislodge Mathare at the top Football 1 month ago
- Man United fans want Mourinho to land top target after stellar World Cup displayWorld Cup 2018 16 hours ago