Father of four wins Sh5m Bet Yetu Jackpot winner
Titus Koech, a father of four girls, had the dream of winning a jackpot which never faded even after people ridiculed him after failed attempts. His dream, however, came true last weekend after he correctly predicted 13 games in the Bet Yetu platform to win Sh5,444,105, the third recipient of the prestigious jackpot after James Murithi, who won Sh7m in October and Edwin Minui, who won Sh12m in June.
The former Kenya Defence Forces officer says his girls will now have a better life. “I have talked to my pastor and I will set aside 10 per cent as offering,” said the soft spoken Koech.
“I am going to buy a trailer and build a house for my family. “It reached a point when my wife Caroline Nanjala and the girls used to ridicule me for waking up at dawn to analyse matches before I could place my bets. “I am so happy God has answered my prayers,” said Koech.
- TaeKwondo: Mombasa to host World Taekwondo Demonstration DaySports 5 days ago
- Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reveals he's ready to start a new job in JanuaryFootball 4 days ago
- Is athletics legend a victim of his trust?Athletics 3 days ago
- High-altitude training centre launched in Taita Taveta Athletics 12 hours ago
- Kenya 3-0 Ethiopia: Pictures of DP Ruto celebrating wildly go viral Football 1 week ago
- Nakumatt, Ushuru fight for Premier League slotFootball 3 days ago
- How Bob Marley's daughter helped Jamaica qualify for World CupFootball 3 days ago