Cristiano Ronaldo could receive fifth Ballon d’Or crown at Eiffel Tower ceremony on Thursday night
Cristiano Ronaldo is set to receive his fifth Ballon d'Or crown on Thursday night - and the Real Madrid superstar will pick up the trophy at the Eiffel Tower.
Leaked pictures of Ronalso’s boots with imprints suggesting that he is poised to bag a fifth prestigious award have been circulated by a section of British press.
The award has been dominated by Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in the last nine years, and the Portuguese is set to join the Argentine on five triumphs apiece.
Ronaldo, 32, is the overwhelming favourite to claim the award, after leading Los Blancos to European and La Liga glory last season.
He has already scooped FIFA's 'The Best' award and is set to be presented as the winner on December 7, at 18:45 UK time.
The event, organised by France Football, will see former Newcastle and Tottenham winger David Ginola present the award.
Michael Owen was the last Englishman to win the award, in 2001. Ronaldo is expected to beat his main challenger Lionel Messi, harry Kane, Gianluigi Buffon and Neymar Jr to the award.
- Eliud Kipchoge eight step recipe to success: Kipchoge has studied famous philosophers Aristotle and PlatoAthletics 19 hours ago
- Hope for Salah as angry Egyptians snap at 'Ramos the Dog'Football 1 hour ago
- 'Passion, belief and discipline': He is an avid reader and motivational speaker on investmentAthletics 19 hours ago
- Big shots in chase for league titleHockey 1 day ago
- Champions League final line-ups: Real Madrid vs Liverpool at 9:45pm on KTN HomeFootball 23 hours ago
- Trump pardons late black boxing champion Jack Johnson jailed for dating white womanBoxing 1 day ago
- PHOTOS: Liverpool fans attacked by hooligans ahead of Champions League finalFootball 1 day ago