Serena Williams eyeing more title as she plans a come-back to the competition
The world’s 23 time grand slam tennis champion Serena Williams is planning to make a return to the game soon and she is targeting the Australian Open, the Irish media have confirmed. The media reveals that according to the tournament’s director Craig Tiley, the 36 year old is targeting a grand come back with 2019 tournaments being her main focus.
The US Champion is said to be planning to use the Australian Open as her return to the court to keep her fit for the coming matches. Williams has not competed since 2016 when she became pregnant with her first child, whom she delivered in September 2017.
She is targeting the 2019 Melbourne Park competition, which Tiley believes to be her focus in surpassing the record of 24 single titles.
While speaking to the Irish media, Tiley depicted how upbeat he is about the anticipated returm by the tennis icon into the game.
"She's got her visa, she's entered, she's practising and she's probably just got to find a bit more space for a bigger entourage. There's no question that she'll be ready in our view and she wants to break a record that is Margaret Court's. It would be a pretty significant accomplishment for her to be able to do that," Tiley said.
This comes after she wedded her boyfriend, the Reddit Co-founder Alexis Ohanian in a pompous wedding in New Orleans in November.
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals when he will retire Football 19 hours ago
- Ulinzi in bid to gun down rivals to reclaim title Football 5 hours ago
- What Beckham asked Zidane to do ahead of Champions League finalFootball 12 hours ago
- Mane paints hometown red by donating 300 Liverpool shirtsFootball 15 hours ago
- Liverpool fans to be kept in Stadium for hours as tensions mount in RomeFootball 3 weeks ago
- KTN Home Channel to broadcast Champions League final between Real Madrid and LiverpoolFootball 17 hours ago
- History backs Liverpool to win Champions League after humiliating GuardiolaFootball 1 month ago