Juan Mata reveals the day Zlatan Ibrahimovic made Man United kit men "shake" with fear
Juan Mata has lifted the lid on Zlatan Ibrahimovic's first day at Manchester United - and it seems he made an impression from the very start.
While most people might be a little tentative when arriving at their new place of work, the big Swede was typically full of confidence.
And, according to his Red Devils teammate Mata, had the kit men quaking in their boots before cracking jokes with them.
"The day he arrived, we were away on pre-season, so he was on his own with the kit men at the training ground," Mata
"They had never met him before and he's the sort of guy that garners instant respect because of the way he carries himself.
"Zlatan apparently looked the kit men up and down and said: 'I hope you know God has arrived.'
"The kit men were shaking and didn't know what to think, then he fell about laughing with them. He always does that."
Ibrahimovic became an integral part of Manchester United's Europa League winning campaign last season, netting 28 goals in 46 appearances in all competitions.
But he suffered severe cruciate damage to his knee in April, which ruled him out of action for seven months.
The 36-year-old recently returned for Manchester United in their 4-1 win over Newcastle, and has featured three times since. He has yet to register a goal this season.
- Chelsea vs Arsenal Lineup at 7:30pmFootball 16 hours ago
- KPL: Nakumatt thrash Mathare as AFC claw Thika UnitedFootball 11 hours ago
- Former Arsenal and Liverpool star reveals he was DRUNK when he scored a hat-trickFootball 4 days ago
- Who will win the Epl this season?Premier League 3 days ago
- Tottenham 3 Fulham 1: Kane ends August drought as Spurs enjoy 'home' comfortsFootball 15 hours ago
- Polo: Amistra Xtra, Cherokee shine in Rift Valley CupSports 11 hours ago
- International Netball Federation promise help for Kenya teamsVolleyball and Handball 11 hours ago