Wanyama ‘close’ to making a return from injury
Tottenham Hotspurs midfielder Victor Wanyama is close to fully recover from his injury that has kept him out of the game for more than three months now. UK media have reported that the Kenyan midfielder has started training as he looks forward to resuming his duties in the coming Christmas fixtures.
While talking to the media, Argentine boss Mauricio Pochetino maintained that he is looking forward to re-introducing Wanyama to his midfield. Moussa Dembele, Harry Winks and Eric Dier have manned that area in Wanyama’s absence.
Belgian defender Jan Vertongen has praised Wanyama for his recent contribution to the side, adding that his presence is “immense” for the North Londoners. Vertongen said that Wanyama played a key role to the team last season and even though h acknowledges that the team has other options, the void left by the midfielder cannot be underestimated.
The Kenyan’s return will salvage the campaign of the North Londoners. Tottenham Hotspurs have slipped in the past 6 games where they have only won one. They drew 1-1 against Watford in the last game, and Pochetino is desperate to his tactics right.
Tottenham sits sixth in the English Premier League with 25 points, 18 points behind the league leaders Manchester City.
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 3 days ago
- Mourinho sends powerful message to Herrera and Mata about their future at Old Trafford Football 1 day ago
- Njoroge served with warm Tea Fields titleGolf 1 day ago
- Find out why Barcelona are set to distance themselves from Ronaldinho and RivaldoFootball 11 hours ago
- Mourinho charged by FA Football 1 day ago
- Paul Scholes blasts ‘moaning’ MourinhoPremier League 15 hours ago
- ‘Why I’m plotting Barcelona return…it’s all because of Mbappe' – NeymarFootball 9 hours ago