Wanyama ‘close’ to making a return from injury
Tottenham Hotspurs midfielder Victor Wanyama is close to fully recover from his injury that has kept him out of the game for more than three months now. UK media have reported that the Kenyan midfielder has started training as he looks forward to resuming his duties in the coming Christmas fixtures.
While talking to the media, Argentine boss Mauricio Pochetino maintained that he is looking forward to re-introducing Wanyama to his midfield. Moussa Dembele, Harry Winks and Eric Dier have manned that area in Wanyama’s absence.
Belgian defender Jan Vertongen has praised Wanyama for his recent contribution to the side, adding that his presence is “immense” for the North Londoners. Vertongen said that Wanyama played a key role to the team last season and even though h acknowledges that the team has other options, the void left by the midfielder cannot be underestimated.
The Kenyan’s return will salvage the campaign of the North Londoners. Tottenham Hotspurs have slipped in the past 6 games where they have only won one. They drew 1-1 against Watford in the last game, and Pochetino is desperate to his tactics right.
Tottenham sits sixth in the English Premier League with 25 points, 18 points behind the league leaders Manchester City.
- Barcelona player linked with shock move to ArsenalFootball 15 hours ago
- Reports: Less than a year after joining Blues from Arsenal, Giroud heading out of club ahead of transferFootball 15 hours ago
- Former FKF boss Sam Nyamweya mourns Mama OliechFootball 12 hours ago
- Martial free to leave Manchester United but with these conditionsFootball 1 hour ago
- Mesut Ozil retires from international footballFootball 14 hours ago
- Barcelona frustrate Manchester United’s plan to sign Chelsea superstarFootball 16 hours ago
- Schools: Who will rule this year’s netball turf?Sports 12 hours ago