Real Madrid planning a move for Chelsea star in January
Spanish League Champions Real Madrid are reported to be planning a transfer move to sign Chelsea defender David Luiz in the forthcoming January winter window. British media Daily Mail and Spanish media ESPN have reported that Zinedine Zidane is on a mission to build his backline with the 48M pounds signature of the Brazilian, who has fallen out of favour at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea signed back David Luiz from the French giants PSG at a fee of 35M pounds in 2016, and he went ahead to establish himself as one of the most influential player in Conte’s three-man defence that lifted the English Premier league last season.
However, a rift developed between the Brazilian and his Italian coach after he criticized Conte’s tactical strategies after 3-0 loss to Roma in October. Conte has responded by replacing him with Danish youngster Andreas Christensen who has so far performed better.
Conte has however denied any misunderstanding between him and the defender, adding that his decision was entirely tactical. Luiz featured in Chelsea’s 4-0 smashing of Qarabag in Champions League fixture. With limited game time being very likely, the Brazilian defender may consider an exit door. Real Madrid is reportedly facing competition from their rivals Barcelona and AC Milan for the signature of the 30-year old.
- Lukaku delivers BAD NEWS to Man Utd fans about leaving, reveals destination Premier League 1 day ago
- Golf: Gakima floors 78 golfers to win at Railways ClubGolf 1 day ago
- Shocking death statistics of World Cup 2022 stadium workers revealedFootball 8 hours ago
- FA condemns fans' "unacceptable behaviour" before England v SpainFootball 22 hours ago
- Spain 2-3 England: Sterling leads Three Lions to stunning success in SevilleFootball 8 hours ago
- Floyd Mayweather responds to UFC Champion Khabib challenging him to a fightBoxing 21 hours ago
- 'I'm ready to cause havoc' - Premier League star admits after three-year goal drought Football 3 hours ago