Real Madrid planning a move for Chelsea star in January
Spanish League Champions Real Madrid are reported to be planning a transfer move to sign Chelsea defender David Luiz in the forthcoming January winter window. British media Daily Mail and Spanish media ESPN have reported that Zinedine Zidane is on a mission to build his backline with the 48M pounds signature of the Brazilian, who has fallen out of favour at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea signed back David Luiz from the French giants PSG at a fee of 35M pounds in 2016, and he went ahead to establish himself as one of the most influential player in Conte’s three-man defence that lifted the English Premier league last season.
However, a rift developed between the Brazilian and his Italian coach after he criticized Conte’s tactical strategies after 3-0 loss to Roma in October. Conte has responded by replacing him with Danish youngster Andreas Christensen who has so far performed better.
Conte has however denied any misunderstanding between him and the defender, adding that his decision was entirely tactical. Luiz featured in Chelsea’s 4-0 smashing of Qarabag in Champions League fixture. With limited game time being very likely, the Brazilian defender may consider an exit door. Real Madrid is reportedly facing competition from their rivals Barcelona and AC Milan for the signature of the 30-year old.
PICTURES: Macron joins French stars in song and dance as emotional Kolinda consoles Croatian players
- Two France fans die in Moscow during violent World Cup celebrationWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Manchester United set to sign Croatia starFootball 10 hours ago
- France 4 - 2 Croatia: Identity of World Cup pitch invaders REVEALEDWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Pogba reveals why he held World Cup trophy with shin pad during celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- France beat Croatia to win 2018 Fifa World Cup in MoscowWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Football legends join Dalic in condemning referee decisions in World Cup finalWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- France vs Croatia lineups as Fans arrive ahead of World Cup Final World Cup 2018 1 day ago