Samuel Eto’o denies reports that he sponsored a plane to rescue returnees
Former Chelsea and Cameroon striker Samuel Eto’o has denied a report suggesting that he sponsored a plane to ferry back the Cameroon nationals who were enslaved in Libya.
Photos showing emaciated slaves gathered in a stuffy room, and then leaving to board a plane have been circulated in the social media. A blog known as Malachysblog has been circulating the information that is yet to be confirmed by the former Barcelona hit man.
The post reads in part: “Samuel Eto’o spent millions of dollars, he boarded a flight for the whole Cameroonians migrants from Libya back to Cameroon who were stuck in Libya and were being tortured to death by the heartless serial killers. See the photos below.” However, the former Cameroon international cannot be traced in any of the images shared in the blog.
Eto’o had dismissed these reports on November 24 on his Facebook post. He disapproved allegations suggesting that he was going to award the Cameroonian returnees with a million dollar each.
This comes in the wake of heightened wave of persecutions meted on African immigrants in Libya, which has evoked widespread reactions.
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 4 days ago
- Bolt rejects soccer deal offer from top European clubFootball 18 hours ago
- Kenya 3-0 Ethiopia: Pictures of DP Ruto celebrating wildly go viral Football 4 days ago
- ‘Why I’m plotting Barcelona return…it’s all because of Mbappe' – NeymarFootball 1 day ago
- Mourinho sends powerful message to Herrera and Mata about their future at Old Trafford Football 2 days ago
- Semenya's case delays gender rule executionAthletics 1 day ago
- National league action now heads to NakuruVolleyball and Handball 1 day ago