FIFA Ranking: Harambee Stars down six positions
Kenya has dropped six positions to 88 according to the latest release by Fifa.
During the international break at the beginning of September, Benjamin Okumbi led-side was involved in only one match.
The local boys settled for a 1-1 score line with Mozambique in Maputo on 2nd September 2017.
Harambee Stars have garnered 400 points and are second in the East Africa region behind leaders Uganda Cranes who have climbed two places to sit 71st.
Ethiopia who are in the same group as Kenya in the Africa Cup of Nations(AFCON) 2019 qualifiers lie 191. Ghana (51) and Sierra Leone (97) completes Group E.
Egypt, Tunisia Senegal, Congo DR and Nigeria are the Africa’s finest.
Globally, Germany has ousted brazil to sit at the top. Portugal, Argentina and Belgium follow each other in that order.
Among the most notable climbers are the Cape Verde Islands (67, up 47), Luxembourg (101, up 35), Bolivia (46, up 22) and Denmark (26, up 20), this on the back of stunning results in qualifying against South Africa, France, Chile and Poland respectively.
The next FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking will be published on 16 October 2017.
- Xhaka and Shaqiri facing possible bans as FIFA probes controversial celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- World Cup: Round 16 qualifying rules and probable fixturesWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- England lineup against Panama leaked, Southgate brings Chelsea youngstarWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Golf: Veteran defeats 136 golfers in annual tournament in MombasaGolf 15 hours ago
- Messi’s diehard fan commits suicide after Argentina shockerWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Chelsea to fire Conte in hours, fellow Italian to take overFootball 1 hour ago
- England rout Panama 6-1 with Kane hat-trickWorld Cup 2018 21 hours ago