Aguero on target as Man City down promoted Brighton
A clinical Sergio Aguero strike and an own goal by Lewis Dunk condemned Brighton to a losing return to England's top flight as they lost 2-0 to Manchester City in the Premier League at the Falmer Stadium on Saturday.
Back in England's top division for the first time in 34 years, the Seagulls spent most of the game on the back foot, content to concede possession and setting up a compact defensive unit deep in their own half.
City's Gabriel Jesus had two goals ruled out - for handball and offside - and Pep Guardiola's team struggled to break Brighton down until Aguero fired home a pass from David Silva to open the scoring in the 70th minute.
Five minutes later, Brighton defender Dunk slammed a header into his own net as he tried to clear a cross under pressure from Gabriel Jesus, with the home side lacking the firepower to mount a comeback.
- Beatrice Chepkoech breaks steeple chase World RecordAthletics 21 hours ago
- Roma boss Di Francesco seeks revenge on Allison after Liverpool transferFootball 6 hours ago
- Former Stars Captain Oliech mother diesFootball 23 hours ago
- Inside Ronaldo's £4.8m mansion set for sale after joining JuventusFootball 1 day ago
- Uhuru, Raila condole with Oliech after mother’s deathFootball 1 hour ago
- Kenyans Indiza and Andersen make the cut at MastersGolf 20 hours ago
- Chelsea star begs Hazard to stay at Stamford BridgeFootball 1 day ago