Chelsea youngster subbed 18 minutes into debut
Poor Jeremie Boga. After a brilliant pre-season, the Chelsea youngster was a surprise inclusion in the Premier League champions' line-up for the opening game of the season, at home against Burnley.
The 20 year-old winger must have delighted to get his chance to stake a claim for a first team place.
Sadly for Boga, just 14 minutes into the match, Chelsea skipper Gary Cahill was sent off for a dangerous tackle.
Four minutes later, Boga's debut was brought to an abrupt and early end, as Antonio Conte was forced to make a substitution and rejig his formation.
It was a brutal and harsh experience for Boga, who replaced Pedro during the first half of the Arsenal match in China and certainly made an impression to the Blues fans with an electric display.
Slight in frame, the Ivory Coast international's quick feet certainly caught the eye, which is no doubt why he was given the opportunity to show what else he can do.
- Patience pays for Kenyan juniors: Under-20 athletes ooze class, lead in global rankingsAthletics 1 hour ago
- Nakuru ABC lands partnership with a French Boxing tactician for their participation in the National Boxing LeagueBoxing 59 minutes ago
- Career change: Thierry Henry makes shock announcement World Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- Ronaldo targets Champions League glory at new club JuventusFootball 3 hours ago
- France 4 - 2 Croatia: Identity of World Cup pitch invaders REVEALEDWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Liverpool sign Xherdan Shaqiri from Stoke Football 2 days ago
- Focus shifts to KCB Karen Masters tourneyGolf 53 minutes ago