Man United to make Morata Spain's most expensive player
Manchester United will have to splash out a record fee if they are to sign Alvaro Morata this summer.
The Red Devils are keen to secure the Spanish striker, although talk of a deal already being agreed is understood to be premature.
Morata was restricted to a bit-part role at Real Madrid last season, but the Champions League winners will not let him leave on the cheap.
Los Blancos are holding out for £60million for the forward, according to Marca, which would make the 24-year-old the most expensive player in Spanish history.
It would surpass the £50m Chelsea paid Liverpool for Fernando Torres.
- Liverpool fans stranded ahead of Champions League finalFootball 18 hours ago
- Soccer officials ferry slay queens and girlfriends on foreign tripGossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- Liverpool out to topple RealFootball 13 hours ago
- Ulinzi in bid to gun down rivals to reclaim title Football 13 hours ago
- What Beckham asked Zidane to do ahead of Champions League finalFootball 19 hours ago
- Injured defender confident of playing at World CupFootball 13 hours ago
- Volleyball: Kenya to host U20 women’s continental tourney as junior teams depart to UgandaVolleyball and Handball 4 days ago