Scottish Premier League: Dafabet-sponsored Celtic on verge of making history
Celtic on verge of making history in Scotland
Victor Wanyama’s former employers Celtic are on the verge of winning the Scottish Premier League unbeaten if they avoid defeat at home to Hearts tomorrow.
Brendan Rogers’ Dafabet-sponsored men thrashed Partick Thistle 5-0 on Thursday night to go 46 games unbeaten in all competitions, 104 league goals and a current total of 103 points.
Two more goals and Celtic will break the Scottish record of 105 goals in a season.
Celtic will be confirmed as ‘the invincibles’ in Scotland tomorrow when a draw or a win will give them their biggest points tally in a 38-league game season, with the Scottish Cup final against Aberdeen and the chance to complete a domestic treble following on 27 May.
It will be the perfect tonic as they gear up to celebrate 50 years since winning the European Cup.
Celtic have already launched a new kit, which honours the 1967 Kings of Europe. Celtic beat Inter Milan 2-1 in Lisbon on May 25, 1967 to lift the European Cup.
Already hailed domestically as one of the finest Celtic squads having already beaten the record games undefeated by the Lisbon Lions of 1967, the class of 2017 boasts star acts as French youngster Moussa Dembele, Scott Sinclair, Kieran Tierney and old warhorse Scot Brown, who has been at Celtic Park for 10 years now.
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 18 hours ago
- Kwale dominate school gamesSports 9 hours ago
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 2 days ago
- Handball: KHF to organize referees’ courseVolleyball and Handball 2 months ago
- UEFA fines European giants after cat stops Champions League matchFootball 2 weeks ago
- Gor look to extend lead: K’Ogalo lead standings with two points, and have three matches at handFootball 1 month ago
- Spain boss faces axe one day to the World CupGossip & Rumours 1 week ago