Manchester United fans electrocuted while watching match in Nigeria
At least 30 Manchester United supporters are feared to have died after they were electrocuted while they were watching Manchester United’s Europa League match.
The Manchester United fans are said to have died as a result of an electrical cable falling onto them.
Manchester United have sent their sympathies and condolences to those affected by the tragedy.
Police reports say that the incident was as a result of an issue with an electrical transformer at the viewing centre in which the fans had gathered.
Manchester United have expressed their sorrow after learning that a number of supporters were electrocuted in Nigeria while watching their Europa League game with Anderlecht.
- Group F: World Cup holders Germany crash to Mexico defeatWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Stadia: Sports facilities offer a glimpse into President Putin’s modernisation agendaWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- France, Belgium sweat over injured Mbappe and Hazard World Cup 2018 5 days ago
- Finnbogason calm finish cancels out Aguerro’s brilliant strike as Argentina are held in Group DWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Coach Muyoti leaves Thika UnitedFootball 1 month ago
- SA add 'retired' Saracens to squadRugby 5 days ago
- Argentina in crisis as coach Sampaoli faces sexual misconduct caseWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago