Date set for women premier league play-offs
The 2016 Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Women Premier League play-offs will be played on January 29 at Kasarani Stadium, according to a letter sent to clubs on Tuesday evening.
The match will act as a curtain raiser for the DSTV Super Cup match pitting reigning domestic champions Tusker against Gor Mahia, to be held at the same venue.
The defending champions, Thika Queens, who finished top of Zone A unbeaten with 32 points ahead of last year’s runner’s up Spedag, will play either Zone B’s Oserian Ladies or Vihiga Queens in the play-off that will determine the champion.
Commenting after the official communication, Thika Queens’ coach Richard Kanyi said his side will resume training on Tuesday next week for the play-off fixture.
“We have been waiting for the official communication from the federation for the play-off dates and they sent a letter on Tuesday evening. We have summoned the players and we will start training on Tuesday irrespective of which opponent we will meet because the federation has not made it clear whether we will play Oserianv Ladies or Vihiga Queens will play,” he said.
Oserian Ladies’ final league match of the season against Eldoret Falcons -- where they won 8-0 -- was suspended owing to match-fixing matters and the issue was to be discussed yesterday by the Leagues and Competitions Committee, according to FKF deputy President Doris Petra.
“The issue of Zone B will be discussed by the leagues and competitions committee,” she said.
- Aguero blast Argentina boss Sampaoli after Croatia defeatWorld Cup 2018 14 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Why I am growing a beard this World Cup seasonWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Fans shocked by what Messi did in Argentina's defeat by Croatia in World CupWorld Cup 2018 14 hours ago
- Death threats sent to Colombian midfielder Sanchez after he was red carded World Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 8 hours ago
- Senegal defender confirms Sarri’s move to ChelseaWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Sterling reveals the incredible story behind why he turned down ArsenalFootball 7 hours ago