Stan Collymore says it’s time to replace Wenger at Arsenal
Stan Collymore says now is the time for Arsenal to make serious changes at the top, according to Tribal Football.
The former Liverpool, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest striker has begged the North London club to give up Mesut Ozil so Arsene Wenger leaves his post as chief, opening the entryway for Atletico Madrid's Diego Simeone.
In his segment for the Daily Mirror, Collymore trusts the Gunners ought to maintain a strategic distance from re-marking German playmaker Ozil and proceed onward from Wenger as they will never win the Premier League again under his leadership.
Collymore opined: “The question I'd like to ask Arsenal fans is this…
“Do you want Mesut Ozil to stay beyond this season if it means Arsene Wenger remaining as well, or do you sacrifice Ozil if it means Wenger going and Diego Simeone coming in instead?
“Me? I'd let Ozil go and bring in Simeone in a heartbeat.
“Because even without the German playmaker I'm convinced that within a year, perhaps 18 months, Arsenal would be picking up one of the big pots.
“Simeone wouldn't mess about and I'm adamant he'd be very quick to bring in players whose profile says they mean business and want to win trophies.
“Players who have that eye of the tiger that the current crop don't have."
The main issue with Stan's remarks is that Simeone does not speak English and is likely moving to Inter Milan when he leaves Atletico Madrid.
- KTN Home Channel to broadcast Champions League final between Real Madrid and LiverpoolFootball 1 day ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals when he will retire Football 1 day ago
- Soccer officials ferry slay queens and girlfriends on foreign tripGossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- Liverpool fans stranded ahead of Champions League finalFootball 1 day ago
- Liverpool out to topple RealFootball 20 hours ago
- Ulinzi in bid to gun down rivals to reclaim title Football 20 hours ago
- Wanga returns to haunt Tusker as Homeboyz inflict third loss in row on the brewersFootball 2 hours ago