Rally fans face tough, new rules in KCB Nakuru competition

By Feverpitch Reporter

Nakuru, Kenya: Organisers of KCB Mobi Bank Nakuru Rally have introduced tough new rules that spectators will have to adhere to in the event to run around Alfega, Mogotio and Gicheha Farm on June 8.

Clerk of the course, Lynn Tundo, said there will be zero tolerance to spectator misdemeanour and announced that spectators will only be confined to the designated spectator stage at Kipsyenan Primary School in Kampi Ya Moto.

“As part of our elaborate safety plan, we are going to run the event largely on private farms where spectators will not be allowed. We would like to avoid past scenarios where spectators have misbehaved by running up and down the stages,” said Lynn, who is Carl Tundo’s mother and a long-standing KNRC official.

The rally will be flagged off outside the KCB Menengai Industrial Area branch at 7am on June 8. Scrutineering and documentation will be at the Lesiolo Grain Handlers silos in Lanet on June 7.

“The 25km Gicheha stage is a new twisty section that we haven’t used before. The 41km Horne section in Mogotio is also exciting to the crews. The first car will finish at Kampi Ya Moto along Baringo Road at 2.10pm, but we shall be strict with spectators,” said Lynn. 

Series leader Baldev Chager of Kabras Sugar Team will again be among the favourites driving Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X.

The ‘Flying Singh’ has maintained consistency in the series which makes him one of the hottest contenders for the top position.

Besides Chager, others to watch in the Division 1 are reigning champion Carl “Flash”Tundo”, Ian Duncan and Azar Anwar.

Azar and Tundo, in Mitsubishi Evo 9 and 8 respectively have vowed to drive all the way to the podium

Chager clinched the first round of the series in Kajiado in January with Tundo emerging the winner of the second round in Nyeri and Ian Duncan winning Voi Rally last month.

Next Story
LATEST STORIES
Chelsea midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko suffers minor injuries in a car crash

Chelsea midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko is recovering after being involved in a "minor" car accident outside the club's Cobham training ground.

Wenger explains why Sanchez still is not starting for Gunners in EPL

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has rejected the notion that he sent a message to Alexis Sanchez by starting him versus Doncaster in the Carabao Cup but not against Chelsea in the Premier League.

$338 million jackpot winner faces 40 years in prison after being arrested

New Jersey man who won $338 million in the Powerball lottery in March 2013 has been charged with sexually assaulting a child, CBS News reported.

Conte thanks departing Costa for Chelsea success

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte thanked Diego Costa on Friday for his contribution at Stamford Bridge, after the club agreed a move for the striker with Atletico Madrid.

Samuel Eto’o set for shock Premier League return as manager

Former Premier League star Samuel Eto’o is considering a return to England – as a manager.

Wayne Rooney ordered to complete 100 hours community service over drunk driving charges

Wayne Rooney has been ordered to complete 100 hours of community services after agreeing to the drunk-driving charges that had been placed on him.

More Stories
Hazard needs time to get back to his best, says Conte

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has welcomed the return of Eden Hazard from injury during their Premier League win over Leicester City on Saturday but said the Belgian playmaker needs time to get back to 100 percent.

Manchester United sign Spanish wonderkid

The Spanish youth international penned his United contract earlier this summer but was forced to wait for international clearance before breaking the news.

Rugby: Champions start title defence on a winning note

Deejays begin journey to stardom with victory in Driftwood Sevens.

Sanchez 100 per cent committed to Arsenal after his transfer to Manchester City collapsed

Alexis Sanchez has assured Arsenal he will be "100 per cent" committed - despite the breakdown of his £60million move to Manchester City.

Legendary goalkeeper Mahmoud Abass is not dead

Following the demise of legendary goalkeeper, Mahmoud Mohammed on Monday night, Kenyans took to social media to condole the family and relatives of the late.