Twitter and Google strike deal to show tweets in search results: Bloomberg
SCI & TECH
By Reuters | February 5th 2015
Microblogging site Twitter Inc has reached a deal with Google Inc to make its tweets more searchable online, Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
Tweets will be visible in Google search results as soon as they are posted, starting during the first half of the year, Bloomberg reported.
Twitter and Google engineers have started working on the project, Bloomberg added. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Google previously had to crawl Twitter’s site for the information, which will now come automatically from Twitter.
Google and Twitter could not be reached for comment.
Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
- Olympics: New Zealand beat Kenya in women’s rugby sevens
- Olympics: Kenyans can relax as there was no typhoon
- Why Kenyan trio may not win 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession