Kisii Deputy Governor's official vehicle set ablaze
By Edwin Nyarangi | February 17th 2021
Kisii Deputy Governor Joash Maangi's official vehicle was set ablaze by an irate mob after he was involved in an accident that led to the death of two people at Ololunga in Narok County at around 7 PM.
Maangi who was on his way to Nairobi said his vehicle had only three occupants at the time. The trio managed to escape unhurt.
The deputy governor said a well-wisher drove him to safety.
“The Bodaboda rider joined the road unexpectedly. My driver tried all the best to avoid hitting him with his passenger," said Maangi.
The Deputy Governor said together with his bodyguard and driver they escaped unhurt from the scene and that he was deeply sorry for the unfortunate event.
Raila, Ruto political clout a factor in 2022 succession
- Narok governorship race hots up as sole female aspirant okayed by elders
- DP defends Russian Jab as PPB affirms it meets safety standards
- Father of 17 pleads for help as life pushes him to the edge
By Faith Kutere
- Trouble in Raila's paradise over BBI changes
By Oscar Obonyo
- Three astronauts return safely to Earth from International Space Station