Kisii Deputy Governor's official vehicle set ablaze
By Edwin Nyarangi | February 17th 2021
Kisii Deputy Governor Joash Maangi's official vehicle was set ablaze by an irate mob after he was involved in an accident that led to the death of two people at Ololunga in Narok County at around 7 PM.
Maangi who was on his way to Nairobi said his vehicle had only three occupants at the time. The trio managed to escape unhurt.
The deputy governor said a well-wisher drove him to safety.
“The Bodaboda rider joined the road unexpectedly. My driver tried all the best to avoid hitting him with his passenger," said Maangi.
The Deputy Governor said together with his bodyguard and driver they escaped unhurt from the scene and that he was deeply sorry for the unfortunate event.
Will Kenya finally open its medal account today?
- Olympics: Chepkoech and Kiyeng ready to deliver glory
- Italian Jacobs wins men's 100m gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Olympics: Rotich and Korir reach 800m final as Saruni misses out
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession