Ambulance crashes killing two
By Antony Gitonga | August 24th 2020
Two people including a medic on Monday died after an ambulance belonging to the Nyandarua County government crashed on the Gilgil-Olkalau road.
Its driver and female medic died on the spot near Karunga trading centre, some 15 kilometres from Gilgil town.
They had earlier on Monday morning ferried a patient to Kenyatta National Hospital in Nairobi and were on their way back to Nyahururu.
Gilgil OCPD John Onditi said that the driver lost control of the vehicle while swerving to avoid a pothole.
"In the process, the ambulance lost control and crashed into the roadside killing the male driver and the medic," he said.
The bodies were taken to Gilgil Sub-County Hospital mortuary while the wreckage has been towed to Gilgil Police Station.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Ruto allies dismiss BBI as MPs take a vote on the Bill
- Justice Ouko village known for breeding top legal minds
- How Uhuru, Raila clipped BBI attack
- National Assembly passes BBI bill
By Jael Mboga
- SRC approves new allowances for regional heads, chiefs
By Allan Mungai
- Stop speculating on when KCSE results should be out: Magoha
By Brian Okoth