Murder-suicide: Nakuru jilted lover strangles woman
By Jael Mboga | August 1st 2020
Early last month, a man suspected to have killed his ex-lover was placed in police custody after the woman’s body was found in a maize plantation in Solai, Nakuru County.
Martha Muthoni, 35, a businesswoman, left her home in the company of the man, hours before her body was found.
The body was found at 11pm on Friday after hours of searching with the assistance of police.
The suspect is said to have lured Muthoni by promising to help her get farm inputs, and they travelled more than 30km from her home in Bahati to the scene of crime in Solai, Rongai Sub-County.
Muthoni was living in a rented house with another man.
According to residents, she had fallen out with her former lover at the beginning of this year. He then relocated to Njoro, about 60km away.
The police said Muthoni had a stab wound, which might have led to her death.
Good news as government slashes secondary school fees
- Mt Kenya leaders reassure Raila on 2022
- I'm ready to face your coalition, DP Ruto now tells Uhuru and Raila
- Nairobi County loses Sh400m in parking fees after KRA take over
- Manhunt for policeman who assaulted, pricked his wife's genitals with nails
By James Omoro
- Captain drops his last anchor by Lake Kirubi