Nandi senator hospitalised after Friday night road accident
By Mireri Junior | June 6th 2020
Nandi Senator Samson Cherargei is receiving treatment at St Luke Hospital, Eldoret after being involved in a Friday night road accident.
According to sources, the accident occurred along the Eldoret-Kapsabet road.
Cherargei (pictured) is reported to have sustained minor injuries following the accident.
The outspoken senator was reportedly driving from Nandi to his Eldoret home.
Photos of an extensively damaged black Prado believed to be that of Cherargei emerged online after the Kapseret accident.
Cherargei among other Rift Valley politicians had on Friday accompanied Deputy President William Ruto to a private meeting in Nandi County.
Ruto is reported to have met more than 50 Nandi leaders including elders and religious leaders in a closed-door meeting over the 2022 polls.
Kenyans online have wished the senator quick recovery.
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession