Photos of Arror dam site
By Standard Reporter | July 23rd 2019
Treasury CS Henry Rotich and his PS Kamau Thugge and four others were on Tuesday arraigned in court to face 24 charges, among them abuse of office, conspiracy to defraud and engaging in a project without planning in the Arror and Kimwarer dam scandal case.
A spot check by the Standard found out that there was nothing going on at the Arror Dam site.
The Director of Public Prosecution Noordin Haji on Monday ordered the arrest of senior government officials over fraud linked to two multi-purpose dams in Kerio Valley
Key among them included Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich (National Treasury), PS National Treasury Kamau Thuge, Dr Susan Koech PS East Africa Community, MD Kerio Valley Development Authority David Kipchumba Kimosop , Kennedy Nyakundi (National Treasury), Titus Mureithi and Jackson Njau Kinyanjui.
The arrests followed a series of investigations by Director of Criminal Investigation and the DPP’s office after a public outcry over the two dams overseen by the Italian construction company CMC Di Ravenna.
Maasai clan goes to court to stop Uhuru directive on disputed land
- Uhuru drops erstwhile loyalists as Raila joins kitchen cabinet
By Nzau Musau
- Six police officers arrested drinking in bar during curfew
- Months after road crash Tuju meets matatu driver
- Education Ministry must resolve chaotic Form One selection and placement
By Clay Muganda
- Chris Kirubi and the gospel of seek ye first wealth and all...