Over 30 pupils of Chetoto Primary School in Kitale town, Trans Nzoia County have been rushed to hospital after exhibiting cholera symptoms.
The pupils reportedly developed stomach upsets after drinking water drawn from a contaminated borehole.
Kitale Level Five hospital medical superintendent Ms. Lilian Lipesa confirmed that the pupils were suffering diarrhea.
Lipesa said the affected pupils had been admitted and samples taken to establish the disease they are suffering from.
Chetoto Primary School is within the expansive Kipsongo slums in Kitale town.
It is feared that recent heavy rains could have led to the contamination of water sources.
The area has no tap water and most residents including pupils rely on water from bore holes.