Thugs attack family, demand dowry
By - | December 30th 2012
By Vincent Mabatuk
RIFT VALLEY, KENYA: A family in Molo escaped death narrowly when attackers raided their house demanding to be given part of the dowry they got from their in-laws.
According to some family members, more than 40 attackers descended on their Nyakiambi home in Elburgon and unleashed terror.
The gang also told the family to vacate the parcel of land and move to Laare Division in the neighbouring constituency or face dire consequences.
James Ng’ang’a said the group stormed their compound at 8pm and started smashing windows as they threatened to wipe out all the family members unless they leave.
They also made away with more than 15 bags of maize.
Police officers led by Elburgon OCS arrested 12 members of the gang.
They will be arraigned in court soon.
It will be do or die for Kenyan trio in 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
- Olympics: US beat Kenya in women's beach volleyball
- Malkia Strikers send warning to top volleyball nations
- Former Mo Farah coach permanently banned due to sexual, emotional misconduct
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession