Governor Obado hints at dumping Orange party
By Anne Otieno | March 30th 2021
Migori Governor Zachary Obado has signaled plans to decamp ODM and vie for president in 2022.
Mr Obado, who was elected on ODM in 2017, has had a frosty relationship with the party, and its leader Raila Odinga.
He now says he will form a party or revamp People's Democratic Party, which he used to vie in 2013. He said he would vie for presidency and urged Migori residents to back him.
Without mentioning names, Obado said "someone cheated" Raila, later changed tack and formed a new political outfit - One Kenya Alliance.
The party brings together ANC leader Musalia Mudavadi, Wiper's Kalonzo Musyoka, Ford-Kenya's Moses Wetang'ula and Kanu chair Gideon Moi.
Political analysts believe the new outfit is backed by President Uhuru Kenyatta. Obado claimed without Raila in the new political formation, the Luo community would be sidelined.
Our baby is fine, says couple stuck in Thika Road night traffic
By Too Jared
- Man killed by irate mob after dismembering wife over land dispute
- Father of 17 pleads for help as life pushes him to the edge
By Faith Kutere
- Woman brutalised by police for flouting curfew rules
- Driver dies in speeding muguka Probox accident
- The gods must be crazy and have invaded Western Kenya