Raila shocked as ODM MCAs boycott his event
By James Omoro
| December 18th 2018
Opposition leader Raila Odinga has expressed disappointment at MCAs from Homa Bay who snubbed a function he presided over.
Only three of 58 ODM MCAs attended the homecoming fete for Rangwe MP Lilian Gogo at Omoche Secondary School.
Raila was the chief guest. Those in attendance were Elias Orondo (Gem East), Charles Awino (Gem West) and Sophie Salim (nominated).
“This is a county where the majority of MCAs belong to my party. I expected to meet them here,” said Raila.
He condemned chaos recently witnessed in the county assembly, where MCAs have been fighting to oust assembly Speaker Elizabeth Ayoo.
Rusinga MCA Okuku Miregi said MCAs snubbed the event due to county assembly politics.
Kenyans on SGR project to get skillsTechnology transfer to Kenyans reduces number of Chinese workers at Standard Gauge Railway
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Disappointment as Ruto fails to attend funds drive
- Two schools closed as police arrest a teacher over arson attack
- Rang’ala Boys closed indefinitely after students become unruly, demand for holidays
- Ranguma drops governorship bid, endorses Obura for seat
- Mwingi deaths could have been avoided
- Unity test for Mudavadi party as big three eye Kakamega top seat