Shots fired as Waiguru rally turns chaotic in Kirinyaga
By Kamau Munene
| July 27th 2017
Jubilee governorship candidate Anne Waiguru had to flee from a campaign venue after goons disrupted her meeting.
Her bodyguards had to fire several times in the air to scare away the mob which had blocked one of her campaign vehicles at Kibingo market in Kirinyaga Central sub-county.
Twelve people were injured in the ensuing melee. However, the mob managed to deflate the tyres of the vehicle mounted with the public address system.
Officers from the nearby Kerugoya Police Station responded and dispersed the rowdy crowd as Waiguru was quickly driven out of the venue.
To fight drought, involve communitiesAccording to the latest information from the Meteorological Department, rainfall will be poorly distributed in April, May and June, and this will have a serious impact on agriculture
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
‘The brother I know couldn’t have killed his children’, woman says
- How Aden Duale forced 8 per cent VAT pill down MPs’ throats
By Nzau Musau
- Road that has been an election pledge since 1979 almost complete
- Mololine matatu founder who rose from a tout to a millionaire
- ‘It’s untrue Nakuru doctor’s wife wanted to fly abroad and leave family behind’
By Brian Okoth
- Teachers to wait longer as TSC seals hopes of salary increment