Raila Odinga says ODM to field Farah Maalim's rival
By Adow Kalil Jubat | February 13th 2017
ODM has declared it will field a candidate against former Deputy Speaker Farah Maalim for Garissa Township parliamentary seat.
ODM leader Raila Odinga introduced Nasir Dolal alias Jofle, who narrowly lost to Aden Duale, as the party candidate. Maalim recently defected from Raila Odinga's ODM to Kalonzo Musyoka's Wiper party.
Although National Super Alliance (NASA) leaders have shown unity in Nairobi and at other high profile meetings, the same was not the case when Raila held a rally in Garissa last week.
Prominent leaders allied to Wiper party from the county were conspicuously absent from the rally.
Among those who did not show up was Maalim, who is considered to be NASA's top point man by virtue of his position as the deputy party leader and Shukran Gure the Garissa County woman rep.
Slain KBC journalist Betty Barasa buried in Ngong
- Vroom away: Killer gang targeting bodaboda operators on the loose
- Man commits suicide few minutes after accident
- New curfew restrictions to run until May 29, state clarifies
- Investigators arrest another suspect in NLC officer’s murder probe
By Kamore Maina
- No pay hike for civil servants as State rejects Sh68b demand