ODM hasn't suspended me, Maangi tells critics
By Erick Abuga | January 14th 2016
Kisii County Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) Organising Secretary Joash Maangi has denied receiving a suspension letter from the party.
The Deputy Governor said he remains firmly in ODM and everybody should respect his constitutional right of association.
Speaking Wednesday at his Riagongera home in Bomachoge Chache, Mr Maangi maintained his conscience was clear over his recent actions.
“Our visit to the Deputy President’s home was non-partisan. Our main aim is to bring development to our people. All those against these steps should know that we were elected to serve our people and not engage in cheap politics,” said Maangi.
Maangi, who had earlier in the day met over 40 Kisii MCAs, observed that the trip to Eldoret was not his idea, adding that politicians from across the board had attended the meeting.
Italian Jacobs wins men's 100m gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Olympics: Rotich and Korir reach 800m final as Saruni misses out
- Ferdinand Omanyala breaks national record, but fails to make finals
- Chepkoech, Kiyeng through to steeplechase final as Korir disqualified in 400m men heats
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession