Climate change is real
| July 22nd 2021
The tragedy in Germany came soon after blistering heat, with temperatures rising almost to 50 degrees centigrade, and left scores dead in Canada and the US.
Scientists warn that rising global temperatures, pushed up by greenhouse gases produced by human activities, will continue to make life on Earth miserable. Kenya, has already seen the ugly side of global warming in the form of perennial floods, droughts and swelling lakes in the Rift Valley. Climate change is a formidable threat.
The world must take scientists’ warnings and prescriptions with more seriousness.
Release Covid-19 testing kits without further adoRevelations that there is an acute shortage of Covid-19 testing kits in counties is an indictment on the government.
Critics are wrong; changes to NHIF law will not increase medical costsThe Proposed National Hospital Insurance Fund Act (Amendment) Bill, 2021 has elicited a lot of debate from stakeholders.
Happy ending for brave Form Two student begging for school fees on city streets
- Governor Hillary Barchok taken to task over hiring staff from the same community
- Kenya Power board kicked out of House as key meeting aborts
- Governor Chepkwony now opposes James Finlay's move to sell flower farm
By Nikko Tanui
- Woman dies while reporting ‘stubborn’ daughter to police
By Brian Okoth
- Officer arrested over link to 2,040 bullets found in Embakasi car
By Jael Mboga