× Digital News Videos Health & Science Lifestyle Opinion Education Columnists Moi Cabinets Arts & Culture Fact Check Podcasts E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified Jobs Games Crosswords Sudoku The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
Login ×

Student who attacked, injured two cops released on free bond

By Olivia Odhiambo | December 29th 2020 at 11:51:29 GMT +0300

A 19-year-old Form Three student accused of beating up and injuring two policemen in Ugunja, Siaya County has been released on a free bond.

Sheril Awino, a student of Rambula Secondary School, was on Monday freed from police custody after the complainants Dennis Mugo – her boyfriend – and Solomon Kipchumba failed to produce a P3 form to aid with the case.

The form, a standard practice in assault cases, is used to request for medical examination to determine nature and extent of body injuries.

Mugo and Kipchumba are attached to Ugunja Police Station.

Read More

Ugunjpolice boss Lazarus Tarus said they were unable to begin investigations after Mugo who was discharged from hospital on Sunday failed to fill a P3 form.

"We released the girl yesterday on free bond. We could no longer hold her as the victim is yet to give a police statement and fill a P3 form," said Tarus.

Awino reportedly attacked Mugo and his colleague Kipchumba in the former's house over Christmas. 

In his report, Tarus said the student used a broken piece of glass to attack Mugo, cutting him on his head and left upper arm prompting him to scream for help.

Kipchumba who had rushed save his colleague was also attacked by the girl who cut him with the same piece of glass in his lower lip.

Kipchumba immediately rushed to the police station to report the matter. Officers at the station led by the Ugunja OCS rushed back to Mugo's house to save him.

Both Mugo and Kipchumba were rushed to a hospital in Ugunja for treatment.

Kipchumba was discharged but Mugo was referred to another hospital in Gem for further treatment before being discharged on Sunday, police said.

More stories

Take a Break