Ten feared dead in Lake Victoria boat accident
By Isiah Gwengi | November 18th 2020
At least 10 people are feared dead after a boat capsized near Honge beach in Bondo sub-county, witnesses told Standard Digital.
The 10 are said to be Ugandan traders who were last night on their way to Honge beach in Lake Victoria.
According to one of the eyewitnesses, David Omondi, the boat was ferrying foodstuff and it had about 20 occupants.
"The incident happened at around 11 pm and ten people have survived," said Omondi.
The search for the ten bodies is underway as the survivors camp at the beach.
More to follow.
Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
- Olympics: New Zealand beat Kenya in women’s rugby sevens
- Olympics: Kenyans can relax as there was no typhoon
- It will be do or die for Kenyan trio in 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession