Disabled persons want Governor Awiti to sign Bill
By James Omoro
| December 13th 2019
Persons with disabilities in the county want Governor Cyprian Awiti to assent to a bill they believe will help improve their lives.
The Homa Bay County Persons With Disabilities Bill 2019 was approved by the county assembly last week.
The Homa Bay County Forum for the Disabled Persons chairpersons Rockafeller Okeyo and treasurer David Ochola said the bill will improve the welfare of persons with disabilities.
The proposed law establishes the Homa Bay County Board for Persons with Disabilities that will formulate policies to improve their well-being.
Unlicensed abattoirs closedKisumu County government has banned all unlicensed abattoirs across the devolved unit.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Mudavadi hints at new alliance as he seeks top job
- Kalonzo, Gideon announce parting ways with Mudavadi
- Second serving of special meal earns student 6 days’ suspension
- Finally, ANC ‘Earthquake’ day is here [in pictures]
- Drama at Bomas: Ruto arrives, Gideon, Kalonzo leave
- Fresh details on life of woman killed and stashed in suitcase