Matiangi in tight spot as MPs crown him Abagusii Spokesman
By Stanley Ongwae
| July 16th 2018
Nine Gusii MPs have urged Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i to take up the role of the community's spokesman.
The MPs,who had accompanied the CS for a funds drive at Sironga SDA church, said the community wanted someone who could defend their interests and that Dr Matiang'i fit the bill.
Being a public servant, the CS is not allowed to delve into politics. Former Cabinet minister Simeon Nyachae, who has retired from politics, held the position of the community's spokesman for many years.
The MPs, among them Joash Nyamoko (North Mugirango) and Shadrack Mose (Kitutu Masaba), said they were confident the CS would represent the community well.
No let up as more dormitories go up in flameA dormitory hosting 76 students at Nyahururu Boys High School in Nyandarua County was razed as the wave of unrest continues to spread.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
What killed 17-year-old boy in girls school
- Professionals from three counties back Raila's State House dream
- Raila delivers Sh10m gift to Kigumo hospital after student request
- Raila, BBI team oppose prayer by five professors
- Man admits killing Catholic priest who sodomised him
- Pull down video and apologise, Governor Mutua tells Boniface Mwangi
By Jael Mboga