Transport CS Macharia inspects construction of Mombasa-Mariakani road
By Standard Reporter | November 22nd 2018
NAIROBI, KENYA: Transport Cabinet Secretary James Macharia on Tuesday inspected the ongoing construction of the Lot 1 of the Mombasa-Mariakani road.
The Government of Kenya, through the Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) plans the rehabilitation and expansion of 41.7 km road between Mombasa and Mariakani which forms part of the Northern Road Corridor.
The road plays a major role in connecting Port of Mombasa directly to the landlocked countries of Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and forms an essential connection to South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo and parts of northern Tanzania.
Kalonzo surprises himself by taking firm stand on 2022
By Peter Kimani
- Zambia's founding president Kenneth Kaunda dies aged 97
- Curfew in 13 counties changed, to start from 7pm to 4am
By Brian Okoth
- Senior police officer’s daughter crushed to death by two matatus
- I haven’t asked for your support, Raila to Kalonzo
- 'Awesome to behold, famously unsentimental, Kirubi took no prisoners’
By John Ngumi