PHOTOS: Kitui Governor Charity Ngilu in court over doctors payment
By Collins Kweyu
| November 10th 2021
Kitui Governor Charity Ngilu has appeared before the Employment and labour relations court at Milimani following summons to explain why the county has not paid doctors for four months.
The summons was issued on an application filed by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists board through their lawyer Henry Kurauka.
The lawyer avers doctors in the county have been going without salaries contrary to the provisions of the law.
Ngilu was accompanied by the county service board CEO and board members who are currently before Justice Monica Mbaru.
Chile impeachment vote heads to Senate after lower-house approvalThe impeachment proceedings against Pinera come after new details emerged about the deal in the Pandora Papers leak
Safaricom posts Sh37 billion in half-year profitsSafaricom posts Sh37.1b 2021/22 half-year net profit, representing a 12 per cent increase from previous year's Sh33.1b; M-Pesa attributed to growth.
Man arrested over death of four-month old daughter
- Nakuru woman sues husband over Sh10 million gift from father-in-law
By Daniel Chege
- Kabogo to face Baba Yao, Nyoro in race for governor
- No Kenyan among 18 Africa’s richest people on Forbes
By Brian Okoth
- Woman dies after she and her aunt were raped in Nyandarua
By Fred Kagonye
- Musalia Mudavadi pulled a fast one, the ANC boss’ political advisor says